Thursday 29 March 2018

Ball tampering: Aus coach Darren Lehmann to quit after 4th Test; updates

Darren Lehmann

Ball tampering - The head coach of Australia, Darren Lehmann is set to quit as head coach of Australia at the end of the current Test series against South Africa, according to a BBC report.

Earlier, a tearful Steve Smith on Thursday took full responsibility for the ball-tampering scandal in South Africa that has left the reputation of the Australian team in tatters. The Australian captain could not control his emotions during the interview and said, “If any good is to come from this it can be a lesson for others and I hope I can be a force for change."

Apologising for his mistake in the ball-tampering scandal, Smith said, "I don’t blame anyone. I’m the captain of the Australian team. It’s on my watch and I take responsibility for what happened last Saturday."

His teammate Cameron Bancroft also apologised for his role in the scandal. "I want to say that I'm very sorry ... I'm very disappointed and I regret my actions ... It is something I will regret for the rest of my life," the opener stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Down under, ‘King’ Kohli is thunder: Why Aussies are going gaga over Virat

The Indian skipper’s exploits apart, the broadcasters may have little choice: With local stars Smith and Warner banned, they might grab so...